Monday, April 16, 2012

All I Want Is Some SPACE, Man...

I don't know about you, but growing up, I thought when I hit this age (and I'm not telling, don't you know you shouldn't ask a lady her age?) that I would be living in a colony on the moon. Since the moon colony obviously hasn't happened, here are three places to help you (and me) get our space fixes.

1.   Kerbal Space Program: A game/space program simulator that allows you to assemble your own ships, attempt missions, and fly to the Mun (yes, MUN) and back. A work in progress, but cheap at 15 bucks.

Of course, watching the failures is also great fun.


2.   Orbiter Space Flight Simulator: Realistic and TOUGH, fly the space shuttle and rendezvous with the space station, perform Apollo and other historic missions, build your own craft. HOURS of fun here...and free!

3.   The Stardome: Courtesy of astronomy.com, the Stardome lets you explore the night sky that you can see from your actual location. This one is also at the bargain price of...well, FREE. Make sure you have the latest and greatest version of Java installed in order to use the Stardome.

No comments:

Post a Comment